Thursday, June 21, 2012

Assignment 3 of MDIA 384

(1) After I read this article, I learned that criticism is hard to be objective. Before I read it, I used to think if a critic use as many objective suppot as he/she can, his/her criticism would be more objective. However, I found that I was wrong. Although a critic can use a lot of "objective support", he/she still can not hide his/her opinion away. Because writing a criticism is not a job as same as writing a data, and most people do not want to read a data for judging or previewing a show or a movie, criticism is a subjective work, and it's necessary to be subjective because most of audiences still want to hear other people's opinion. (2) First, I click the link, called "pop-culture scholar". This link leaded me to a page of "Culture Learnings." After I read though it, I found it is like a television blog, which focus on previewing a new show in a new way to audiences. It tries to telling audiences the show's information without too much spoilers. Secondly, I clicked the line, "New York Time ethics policy." After I read it, I learned that it is a kind of goal and plan to collect and announce as many information and new as they can. Moreover, its scope include almost all field of media members.

No comments:

Post a Comment