Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Assignment for MDIA 384_Week2

This is a video game review for Ninja Gaiden 3, written by Mitch Dyer. Mr. Mitch Dyer is a critic who works for IGN.com. At first, I thought his worldview was interesting because he usually gave some famous video game titles really low score, and he also had prejudice of some Japanese game companies. For instance, Ninja Gaiden is one of most popular action games both the United States and Japan. It should gain a high score because its quality ought to be guaranteed as good as previous Ninja Gaiden game. However, Mr. Dyer only gave Ninja Gaiden 3 three of ten points. I felt it was unfair, so I tried to find other video games' reviews. Some of therm are written by negative way, and I don't agree with most of them. However, although I didn't like some reviews he wrote, I still find something he said is understandable and reasonable. For instance, He think Ninja Gaiden 3 was bad since the new producer of it shrink the multiple weapons system and super move system, which used to be extremely interesting selling points for the previous Ninja Gaiden games. For some his viewpoints like it, I agree with him; therefore, I'm kind of a audience of him since he say some truth about several video games that some other critics may afraid to announce.
This is a video game review for Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes, written by Greg Miller. Mr. Greg Miller is also a critic working for IGN.com. Compared with Mr. Mitch Dyer, Mr. Mill's viewpoints are amiable. He usually review video games in a positive way. Compared to Mr. Mitch Dyer, his article is not as serious as Mr. Dyer, and his opinion is more acceptable. In addition, Mr. Greg is not only a critic, but he also participates in some jobs of host. When he hosts some video game program, I feel he is a humors person. Sometimes, he made some joke and funny cosplaying. He also uses his humors talking way in his video review of video games, which is a easy way to make audience believe in his viewpoints and worldview.
This is a computer game review for Diablo 3, written by Anthony Gallegos. Mr. Gallegos is another critic from IGN.com. In fact, because my laptop is not a gaming computer, I don't really play big video game title on computer since 2010. Also, I was not planning to buy Diablo 3 because I could not afford both Max Payne 3 and Diablo 3 at same time. However, after I read though Mr. Gallegos' review, I felt that is the timing to pick up my mouse and keyboard to fight with the Diablo's journey again. In my opinion, Mr. Gallegos has a power of selling game. His article encouraged me to purchase Diablo 3 although I knew I could only play it without full special effect.

2 comments:

  1. Joey, interesting choices. Your first review was very good, but the second one needs more detail and explanation especially regarding how Greg Miller differs from Mitch Dyer. You start by saying you've compared them, but you don't give an example of that comparison. Provide us with the example and we can get a clearer picture of what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you to point my mistake out. I'll fix it!

      Delete