Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Blog Assignment # 1

I plan to call my character “Shadow Poison”, but actually he is a good guy, and there are three pictures:
                                                             www.baidu.com 

                First of all, for color, I choose this Dior’s ‘Poison’ perfume as my reference, and I chose dark purple and black I think this two colors can make people connect criminal in the mind, but in some fantastic story, this two colors also can stand for magic medicine. Therefore I want to show to people my character looks like a criminal, but actually he is justice inside. This two analogous colors’ saturation will be high in my character picture because I want to show he is hard-working to his job—use his own way to punch criminal. For value, I think I will use darker to show his Dark-Hero’s characteristic.

                In addition, for light, I plan to give my character a dark front light and a bright back light. I think because he is a Dark-Hero who is just like Spawn, Deadpool, and Batman, people who live in the same genre world only can see his darkside his outside which is his criminal look, but nobody will be conscious that he do some justice things on night. Therefore, the bright back light is just like the area that people always guess so. In addition, the dark front light is stand for the area that “Shadow Poison” really is, and it’s the area only he knows himself.

                Finally, for shape, I decide to create him as a dried tree, very thin, warping, and very scary for normal human. Because I think that shape can make people think about bad guy or criminal at the first time, and it also can show the character’s “poison” element since I think in a lot of scary movie, the poisoner and wizard live in the dried forest. Therefore, I decide to design my character has some deformed bones on his back, shoulder, arms, legs, rib, and head. When I put light on him, his shadow should be like a dried tree.






I plan to call my character’s antagonist “Alligator Tail”. He is a big one of the city, his underling in everywhere, and there are three pictures:

                                                             www.baidu.com

First of all, for color, I choose analogous gold and orange because gold stand of rich, position of society, power, and orange stand of warm. For this character, I use this gold and orange because I want make a false impression to people that he is a successful businessman, politician, philanthropist outside, but actually he is an evil guy inside. He used the illegal way to win everything. For saturation it also will be high just like “Shadow poison” because he needs bright color to show his big-one position. For value, I will do medium since medium is the best way to show how wasteful gold is.

                                                             www.baidu.com

In addition, for light, I chose the light from floor to give enough shadow on his face. In general, the light should be very bright, but it’s a gradual change that strongest on feet, and lowest on his face. I want to show that citizen only know a little bit about him, just like they only know his feet, and there is only a few people know who he really is, so I am going to put a little light on his face. Because his main color gold is very easy to reflection, his picture will be very blink.

Finally, for shape, I am going to design him like a strong and heavy alligator or a bear because it can show his high position, he doesn’t need to care eating problem. The heavy shape also can give people a feeling as slow for moving, and we also can put alligator skin’s keratin element on his suit, because that kind of tough texture can make people to be afraid to close to him. I wonder should I make his suit’s hem seems a heavy tail because it could make him more like a giant guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment